My name is Justine and I want to share a little about me:
- I'm a mom to 4 amazing kids (and have a pretty awesome husband, too)!
- I can never turn down cheese pizza or french fries.
- Before being a photographer full-time, I was a juvenile probation officer (total career switch, I know!)
- Purple is my absolute favorite color (in case you can't tell).
- I am LGBTQIA+ friendly and my pronouns are she/her.
- And most importantly: I love what I do!!
While I really started my pursuit of photography as a business when my third child was born, it was honestly when my second child was born that I really understood the importance of photography. My grandmother had multiple strokes that required her to be hospitalized shortly after my sons birth. Since we lived far apart, she only got to meet my son once before she passed and I was left with one (blurry) cellphone shot of her holding his foot. Now I know that photography is truly about capturing portraits with the people that mean the most to us, so that we can treasure those images forever.
This is why I do what I do and why I focus on portraits of people, especially families and children: There are so many moments that parents treasure; so many facial expressions that you get to see everyday that are distinctly your child. As a parent you never want to forget those moments. This knowledge has inspired the mission statement of my business: I want to help you capture moments that you want to remember.
I serve all of Northern Virginia, including but not limited to: Purcellville, Leesburg, Ashburn, Waterford, Loudoun, Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William and Clarke. I also have clients in Maryland, D.C. and West Virginia. Not sure if I'm in your area? Contact me and we'll figure it out together!
Headshot is courtesy of the awesome Second Ave Photography